Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Weekend in Solitude

My induction week begins Monday. We will be in classes from 9-5 every day this coming week. So I have decided to take the weekend to spend some time alone, or at least not really socializing with people I know.

I started out by taking a trip to Wollaton Park. It's only about a 15 minute bus ride from the city centre. I think I first read about it in a google search of things to do in Nottingham. I got directions from my favorite local tourism office and headed over this morning. Mainly I wanted to see the reindeer! Luckily I walked in and the first thing I saw was deer!

 
I really was that close! They just ignore people.

After admiring the deer for a bit I turned around to this...

Guess what this is.... Well it's really Wollaton Hall, but it's the place where some of Batman was filmed! Inside is a natural history museum, which happens to be a fancy term for a bunch of stuffed animals. But there was quite a variety of animals and I walked around for a while looking at them and admiring the house also.




So many people where there with their kids or dogs or just by themselves to enjoy the day. The weather was perfect! It was the best day for a park outing. I should've packed a lunch and a book so I could've stayed longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment