Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Berlin Nightlife!

So we have been out to a club once so far, last night.  We made the trek to club MATRIX which was not particularly easy to find, but well worth the journey.  On our journey to the club we stopped for snacks at a Doner house where the guys tried to auction me off to a Turkish man for 100 euro.  What great friends!!  The club was mostly techno and then some American dance music also.  I naturally broke out my best techno moves courtesy of my European friends!  We had an absolutely fantastic time and can't wait to go out again!!

Just a cool picture from the club

Standing on the platform in the middle of the club!

Other cultural experiences:

We visited the Germany Philharmonic last night also.  I was expecting classical music, which would have been excellent, but I was presently surprised with a "music of the worlds" tour.  This consisted of a narrator reading a book explaining the neighborhoods in Berlin and musicians played specific songs expressing each neighborhood, for example a Turkish neighborhood with a song that sounded similar to an Islamic call to prayer, an oriental song, a few other more "traditional" sounding songs, etc.  After intermission all the musicians came together and played songs as an orchestra which was meant to express the entire city working and living together.  Some of the most interesting instruments were used in this performance!  One looked like a broken tree branch and was used in the oriental portions.  At the end the orchestra performed a song called the Dragon Dance which was absolutely fantastic!!!

We weren't allowed to take picture in the Philharmonic
but I did snap a quick one of the set up prior to the performance.
I also tried the Bobba Tea, wasn't all it's cracked up to be.  Maybe had I been able to order in English I would have liked it better.

Mango Bubble Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment