Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Simplicity of Nature to Restore the Soul

My friend Sacha is an avid horseback rider.  She had been looking for a place to ride close to the city.  She found one just outside the city, about a 10 minute bus ride from the centre, called West Bridgeford Riding School.  Today we decided to head out there to see what it's all about.

We arrived at the stop and it was the typical English countryside: hills, green, a bit damp.  It was so nice to be in nature for a bit.  We ended up deciding to ride today too.  I haven't been on a horse in close to 13 years.  But I was excited!  It's nice to be around animals... they're so peaceful.  Sometimes I wish I could have a pet here to keep me company, but I'm not allowed to have animals in my apartment and I really don't want the responsibility of one right now any way.

So the staff got us two horses ready... Dream and Miss Marples for us to take out on a hack.

Sacha getting to know Dream before going out

We went out for an hour and walked around the surrounding fields and was also able to see the Water Sports Centre, the canal (I think), swans and ducks and barn cats.  Miss Marples and I weren't the best of friends, but she did trot for me a bit.  Apparently she's shy.

Miss Marples wasn't too keen on me at first,
but after I fed her an apple she was alright

And my new friend, Domino.
He seemed blue so I tried to cheer him up.
It was very nice to relax with some fresh air for a while!  And then we finished off the afternoon at Thea Cafe English Tearoom. 

Rosebud Herbal Infusion tea

No comments:

Post a Comment